The Top 10 Content Marketing Tips For SME’sGuides
As today’s world gets smaller and people interact more it has become a different place for those people who own a small business. Word of mouth and original marketing ideas are no longer enough to help a business grow and now they need to use the tools that are available to them to get their business out there and singing from the roof tops. There are a number of things that business owners can do to help them target more potential customers and the following tips are a great way of improving content marketing.
1. Firstly it is important to put a plan in place that helps the business to stay organised. Use a calendar to map out exactly what each month is going to consist of and look ahead at what the year will hold. Things such as events and seasons can be added, once this has been done put aside time to be creative with ideas as well as putting a strategy in place whilst also developing the content.
2. This leads on to carrying out surveys, and these are a great tool to use to find out exactly what consumer’s really want. The results can be used to carry out improvements in a number of areas such as products and what they actually want to see. To encourage more people to take part in the survey, offer prizes or gifts. Customers need a reason for carrying out the survey and it is in your best interest to help them along.
3. Research is key and it is a great idea to find out what small businesses do but it does not hurt to look at the way larger businesses operate and what ideas they use, this can then be interpreted in a way that works for your business. It is about being savvy and clever with what you do. Take a look at what they do to get consumer’s working for them, use the tools available to find out where they rank and how they got there.
4. Using Social Media, find out what is trending and what is engaging consumers. Using the findings tailor your content to suit exactly what the customers are looking for, this helps to reach out to more people further enhancing the popularity of the business.
5. Connecting with the consumer is important and they don’t always want to read about what you offer. Forge a deeper relationship with them by using video to get across exactly what your brand is all about. It is proven that consumers relate better to sights and sounds and it doesn’t have to cost the earth to create the video. A little imagination and a decent camera goes a long way.
6. As well as Video there are images and they really do speak a thousand words. It is a simple and quick way to get a message across. Images are powerful and if they are appealing and to the point then they are going to work well for the brand and business.
7. If you are an established business then why not show exactly what you have achieved on your website. Most established businesses are clearly doing something right and it is time that consumer’s found exactly what that is. This will give potential consumers something to work with as they look to see who they can use plus it also helps to bulk out your content strategy.
8. To help improve online searches and hits then why not create an online encyclopaedia that is linked to the industry that your business is in. This can help give your customer’s a clearer understanding of what it is all about but it also gives you the opportunity to work with this in a clever way. This can be linked to blogs in an attempt to help increase indexed keywords which can help improve online searching.
9. Next it is time to consider curating. This does require a small amount of work on your part but the rewards can be excellent. Find digital content that is related to your industry and relevant to your consumer and curate and share it. Your consumer’s will think of you as a reliable fountain of knowledge whilst also helping you to build relationships with other people in your field of expertise.
10. Finally, do not be afraid of using old content as this can often work to attract new customers. Taking old blog posts or little pieces of information and rewording them can work wonders while using old text and old images to create a slideshow. It doesn’t always have to be about creating new content but something inventive with old content can be more effective than building something new.