Pinterest Spotlight And The Importance Of This Social ChannelArticles
Considered by many as the new kid on the block, Pinterest has proved its worth over the 4 years since its creation both as a fun picture sharing site as well as a serious revenue generator for those who look a little deeper.
So what is it about Pinterest that makes it so special? To start with…
- Pinterest is the third most popular social network with 85 million unique visitors each month
- It was the fastest social network to hit the 10 million visitor mark
- Pinterest is the 16th most visited website in the United States
So what you say, who cares about it being the third most popular social network? Well its not just the visitor numbers and rapid growth that makes the social network so interesting. Amongst other benefits, Pinterest can also claim the following facts, which should certainly be considered by any e-commerce site to start with…
- Shoppers referred to a site from Pinterest are 10 percent more likely to buy
- Pinterest referrals spend 70 percent more money than visitors referred from non-social channels
- Pins related to trending topics see an average of 94 percent increase in click throughs
- Call-to-action pins increase Pinterest engagement by 80 percent
- Tutorials, guides and & DIY pins see a 42 percent higher click through rate
- 25 percent of Fortune Global 100 companies are on Pinterest
- The average Pinterest user has a household income over £60,000
- The average order amount placed through Pinterest is £50
It may not be Facebook with an audience of over 1 billion users and it also may not provide the same business credibility as LinkedIn, but you can not deny that those stats make you sit up and consider its application. Afterall, what is the ultimate goal of any social media strategy – to generate revenue!